|v1.005 1 Seat, $19|
Updated for FileMaker 12. Now enables entire script clips.
FMClips lets you rapidly copy and paste reusable script steps, layout objects, fields, and more into your FileMaker database.
We made FMClips for our own use so we didn’t have to recreate ‘chunks’ of script steps over and over. It’s saved us so much time and we thought you might want to use FMClips as well! Now we’re also storing Layout Objects and Fields in FMClips that we use over and over…
FMClips is a unlocked FileMaker database that uses the free Clipboard Explorer plugin from Dracoventions.com. Be sure to check out the Developer Assistant too. Both products have saved us countless hours finding text in our FileMaker database scripts, tables and fields!
- App – Evernote – Create Note – Script Steps
- Custom Dialog – Buttons – Script Steps
- Custom Dialog – User Input Fields – Script Steps
- Custom Dialog Fields – Fields
- CustomList – Get IDs into Var – Script Steps
- Fields with Repeat – Fields
- Find – Simple – Script Steps
- Loop – Records – Script Steps
- Loop – Records with Progress Bar – Script Steps
- Loop – Variables – Script Steps
- Loop – Variables with Progress Bar – Script Steps
- Loop Progress Bar 101×26 – Layout Object
- ParseData – Custom Function
- Print Preview Simple – Script Steps
- Sort by 1 Field Asc, Dec – Script Steps
- Validation Template – Script Steps
- Window – New with 20px Offset – Script Steps
Share your clips!
Want to see your clips here? Just make a copy of your FMClips database, delete the clips you don’t want to share, then zip and email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, be sure to let us know how you’d like your name and web link to be formatted to give you credit!
- Updated for FileMaker 12. Fixed Layout Object clips and Entire Script clips.
- Updated to automatically convert Clips containing ‘<dummy>’ tags to tags compatible with Clipboard Explorer. The beginning and ending tags are changed and the leading xml tag is also added.
- Modifed the Clip XML to make it easier to read. [Peter Vinogradov]
- Added a Clip description field. [Peter Vinogradov]
- Renamed buttons to make purpose clearer. [Peter Vinogradov]
Questions and Answers
A: There's nothing special to do. Just import yours in to the updated version. It's a good idea to set the Group for all your clips to make them easier to manage. I would go to your the version you are using now and delete all of the CampSoftware clips since the new file already has them. Then import the Clips you added to the new version!
A: No. FMClips is mean to store anything you can copy and paste in FileMaker and then paste them back into FileMaker. This allows you to keep a library of clips of items that you use over and over. You can also edit the XML to manipulate the clipboard which provides a way to semi-automate development. Just the other day, we needed a portal to be placed on another layout, but on pasting, each field changed to unknown since the context was not correct. We performed a Find/Replace to change the context which make the portal work without having to update all the fields!