What is FMSBFoundation?
CampSoftware’s FMSBFoundation is perfect to start a new project or breathe new life into an existing database. Foundation already includes these Modules:
- Home dashboard with the data that is most important to you in real-time.
- Full Featured Settings Panel
Built on the excellent FileMaker framework, FMSB is designed to be customized for your needs.
Eating Our Own Dog Food
We use FMSBFoundation every day to run our own business, especially the Projects module. When we meet with clients to discuss the project needs, we get everything down on paper, then organize the Project info into Items and further down into Tasks. Once it’s all entered, we can easily print a ‘ballpark estimate’ and once accepted, we track our time spent on each task which makes business side of what we do practically no work at all!
Sharing Our Toys
As new features are added to the solutions of our clients, we consider them to be added to the next version of FMSBFoundation. This works out for everyone as anyone can get what they need, FMSBFoundation evolves, and existing users can have those new features added to their databases without reinventing the wheel. If you’d like a new feature added, just let us know!
FMSBFoundation is available as unlocked open source FileMaker code that is ready to use and can be customized to fit your specific needs. FMSBFoundation requires FileMaker software in order to be used. Our pricing is simple and does not include customization. Choose either:
- One Time: $750 + $150 per user.
- Subscription: $30/month + $6 per user/month.
If you don’t want to host your own server, we can provide hosting for $45/month on a shared server or $125/month for a dedicated server. Backups are provided daily.
Support, Maintenance, and Customization
Support is available at our standard rates. We can provide support via phone, remote control, or at your office. Email support is free. FMSBFoundation is designed to be easily customizable if you require features that are not available in the current version. If you are interested in customization just contact us so we can discuss your needs. As we release new features to FMSBFoundation, we can help to implement those features into your customized solution.
Do I Need to Purchase FileMaker Pro, Go, or Server?
In the end, it depends on how you want to use FMSBFoundation. Feel free to ask if you have any questions as there are many ways to implement:
- Single Users on Mac or Windows - No. If you are a single user, we can create a special ‘Single User App’ for either Mac or Windows. This includes a bundled version of FileMaker that only works with FMSBFoundation known as a ‘Runtime’.
- Single Users on iPad or iPhone - Yes. The free FileMaker Go for either iPad or iPhone is required. Once installed, copy the FMSBFoundation to your iPad or iPhone.
- Multiple Users, One at a Time - No. Place the ‘Runtime’ Mac or Windows App on a computer, share the folder, and ensure that only one person uses it at a time.
- Multiple Users, Concurrently up to 9 Users - Yes. FileMaker Pro and/or FileMaker Go is required for each device. The database file should opened on one Mac or Windows computer using FileMaker Pro. All other computers should choose to open the remote file. To keep costs down, consider hosting. Be sure to back up your files every day!
- Multiple Users, Concurrently over 9 Users - Yes. FileMaker Pro and/or FileMaker Go is required for each device. FileMaker Server is required to share the database. All other computers should choose to open the remote file, choosing the server. To keep costs down, consider hosting. FileMaker Server has built in backups.
- Multiple Users, Via Hosting - Yes. FileMaker Pro and/or FileMaker Go is required for each device. The actual FileMaker database file will be opened on a third party server in order to save time and effort to share the file. All other computers should choose to open the remote file, choosing the hosted server. We can provide hosting for $45/month on a shared server or $125/month for a dedicated server. Backups are provided daily.
We can provide special pricing on FileMaker products or:
- Mac and Windows: FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server
- iPad: FileMaker Go
- iPhone: FileMaker Go
- Contact us about Hosting.
Questions and Answers