FMSmallBusiness History – Back to FMSmallBusiness
2010/08/26 v1.5.4 [10 Items]
- Calendar To Do’s / Adjusted Calendar To Do’s to stretch with the screen width.
- Changed the Event Time Drop Down List. / Changed to include the time on the hour, 15 after, 30 after, and 45 after.
- Week View Printing / Fixed a calendar cell that was showing data from day 4 of the week instead of the correct day 5 data.
- Contacts Map Plot / Fixed an issue with the Address Description to now show the Address and Phone Numbers.
- Contacts Map Tab / The Map ‘To’ Address on the Map Tab will now automatically itself if it is empty to the Billing Address. If there is noBilling Address, it uses the first address.
- Fixed Contact Address Searching / Fixed Find Mode AddressSearch where the County field was searching the Country field’s data.
- Matching Contacts / Added Contacts with similar sounding LastNames to the Matching Contact List. Examples: Reich ~ Reek, Laboy~ Luby
- Quantity Summary / – Added a Quantity Summary below theInvoice Line Items on the Invoice Detail layout and the PrintedInvoice.
- Changed Database Requirements / Now Requires FileMakerVersion 11 or FileMaker Go for iPad & iPhone. While FileMaker Go can now open FMSB it is partially supported. Any items that require FileMaker Extensions, Unsupported Script Steps, or Unsupported Functions will not work and may cause data loss. PLEASE backup often.
- Fixed Documents Navigation Problem / Fixed a problem where adding a Document to Common Documents did not return the user to the original Document.
2010/06/08 v1.5.3a [1 Item]
- Updated ScriptMaster FileMaker Extension / The prior version was not working on Windows Vista with FileMaker 11.
2010/04/23 v1.5.3 [11 Items]
- Calendar Event Start Time and End Time and the Option/AltKey / Tip: Click in the Time field so the drop down menu disappears, then Hold down the option or alt key and press:- ‘c’ for the Current Time- Left Arrow to subtract 15 Minutes- Right Arrow to add 15 Minutes- Up Arrow to subtract 1 Hour- Down Arrow to add 1 Hour
- Calendar Event Start Time and End Time Drop Down ListsEditable / The lists are now editable. However, when migrating fromversion to version, the list will need to be updated again.
- Calendar Start Date and End Date and the Option/Alt Key / Tip:Click in the Date field so the calendar menu disappears, then Hold down the option or alt key and press:- ‘c’ for the Current Date- Left Arrow to subtract 1 Day- Right Arrow to add 1 Day- Up Arrow to subtract 1 Week- Down Arrow to add 1 Week
- Updated Calendar Event End Date / The End Date nowautomatically changes to the Start Date if the Start Date is after theDate End
- Fix the Revert button on Contact Addresses / If there was nodata to revert to, it would wipe out the prior data. It now will notrevert if there is no data to revert.
- Fixed the Matching Names by Distance Window Size / It nowopens to fit the standard window size.
- Changed Invoice Status Settings Labels / Changed the fieldlabels for the Locked and Taxable Statuses to be more descriptive.
- Changed the Exported Invoice Register / Added ‘Items Amount’,’Shipping Amount’, and ‘Tax Amount’ to the report.
- Added option for SuperContainer Server Addresses / Can now enter the Internal and External IP Addresses
- Fixed FileMaker 11 Problem with Internal SQL Calls / FileMaker11 introduced the requirement for more specific SQL Selectstatements. This was fixed my wrapping the field and table names in quotes.
- Updated SuperContainer Extension / Updated SuperContainerExtension to version 2.62
2009/09/01 v1.5.2 [3 Items] Note: Some Features are FileMaker 10 only. The next version WILL require FileMaker 10.
- Updated iCal/ICS Export / Made changes to the exported files to increase compatibility with applications like iCal. Also the exporting of the files is much faster.
- Fixed Sending Email with Multiple Recipients / Fixed a problem where sending an email would show an error stating that a header was missing. This would only occur if there were no ‘To’ address with the remaining either ‘CC’ or ‘BCC’.
- Updated FMSB FileMaker Extensions / The Extensions forSuperContainer, ScriptMaster, and the PHP SmartPill have been updated to versions compatible with Mac OS X 10.6. These also include updates for both Mac and Windows.
2009/08/21 v1.5.1 [23 Items] Note: Some Features are FileMaker 10 only. The next version may require FileMaker 10.
- Added Contact printing popup button and script / Popup print button to all the printing of contact sheet (detailed and short) and window printing.
- Added Contact Sheet / Basic Contact info with Photo.
- Added Contact Sheet Detailed / Basic Contact info plus additional pages for additional details.
- Added Find Contacts Closest to any other Contact / Compares the current contact to all other contacts. Shows a list of contacts sorted by distance, closest first in a new window. To compare, contacts require a latitude and longitude to be set on their address detail.
- Added Private Notes / Requires Password to view and update and are encrypted. CampSoftware cannot recover encrypted data once encrypted. Each contact can have a different password for their private note.
- Added Settings to choose Contact layouts for printing / Added settings to choose what layouts in the Custom File that can be used for printing Contact information.
- Adjusted tab order / Updated the tab order on major layouts.
- Added support for printing/emailing multiple invoices / Allow the passing of multiple IDs to the print script in the custom file. Consolidated new invoice printing functions into one drop down button. / Consolidated the print button and added in a ‘Print Window’ command.
- Added Export to iCal / vCal / ICS / Exports all the events for the selected Calendar Categories into either one combined file or one filefor each Category.
- Added Import from vCal / ICS / Imports Calendar items from a vCal or ICS file into a specified Category.
- Added Extension installation options. / Added options in extension installation process for selecting the method (AutoUpdate or File-Based) and the extension location (User folder or Application folder).
- Fixed Extensions Installer as the Extension keeps trying to install / Fixed by adjusting the version to the correct number for the ‘Mailit’ extensions.
- Simplified Extension installation dialogs / Streamlined extension installation process by simplifying the user dialogs.
- Updated Extension Post-Installation quit notice / When extensions are installed for the first time a restart message is no longer displayed. Restart messages are only displayed when extensions are updated or installed using the file base method.
- Updated version evaluation / Changed the version number comparison to handle several digits for complex version numbers.
- Added the Saved Finds menu, new to FileMaker 10, which can be found under the FMSB menu.
- Fixed Document File View and Extensions Installation via File on Windows / Fixed file export paths for the Document File View. Fixed paths for the Extensions Installation and also now create the target folder.
- Fixed Email and Export Documents Issue / Fixed buttons that email and export documents on several layouts.
- Fixed email sending. / Changed sending method to use the Mailit Extension rather than phpMailer.
- Fixed Event Alerts where caused empty alerts to appear / Now will show a dialog box stating that a problem occurred with registering the php extension.
- Fixed the Saturday’s on the Calendar Month layout. / In the last update, Saturday Events could not be opened as the fields were not placed properly.
- Fixed viewing a file from a container in file viewer / Fixed path issue where middle () function was removing ‘/’ improperly on the mac side.
- Updated the Startup / Reduced flicker on launch.
2009/07/24 v1.4.1 [31 Items] Note: Some Features are FileMaker 10 only. The next version may require FileMaker 10.
- Add Progress Bars / Added to importing and exporting vCards.
- Automatic Data Cleanup / Trim and Remove Style/Font/Size on data entry. Applied to most of the fields on the Contact Detail layout.
- Backup changes. / Now backs up the Custom file. Can optionally choose the backup location. Only for non-server use.
- Layout Print Button / Didn’t work well on Windows using pdf generation. Now setting the page setup to tabloid, making an image of the layout, then scaling it to fit the page setup for letter, then printing.
- Reports / Updated look. Still simple and clean.
- Settings Interface / Updated to show buttons like Mac OS X System Prefs and Windows Control Panels.
- Updated Extensions / Updated SuperContainer. Added Mailit and ScriptMaster. Plugins are updated via AutoUpdate or from the built in Extensions table. Mailit is not used now, but will be in the future.
- Updated several custom functions in the Custom file. / May have caused some minor issues related to parameter passing.
Calendar & Events
- Add Growl support for Event Alerts / Event Alerts will now send an event to Growl for Mac.
- Calendar Month Day Portals / Adjusted Size and buttons for Saturdays as they were not displaying properly.
- Calendar Printing / Changed to preview only the first page and notify with the total page count.
- Change Calendar Event text color to match the Category / Now using styles to show To Do and Billing statuses. Removed box with color.
- Event Detail Tabbing / Adjusted field tabbing when tabbing out of the Time End field.
- New Staff Record Default for Calendar Categories / Set their calendar categories all on by default.
- Printing Month/Week/Day Calendars / Can now choose range of Months/Weeks/Days.
- Add Contacts Category Field / Kept Flags so we can migrate data to Categories. Create Contact Categories in settings like Events. Create hidden tab object for right two thirds. Main tab to show add/remove popup and calc of values comma separated. Second tab to show more checkboxes.
- Added method to search specific Address fields / Can now search parts of an Address rather than the entire Address.
- Automatic Data Cleanup / Remove Style, Color, Font, and Point Size and Trim Fields from most fields in the Contacts Module.
- Changed Add Note to the Contact Note / Can now add to the beginning or end of the note. Can also change the notes for the found set of Contacts.
- Contact Addresses Update / Add Department and Title fields into the ‘include’ checkboxes for building addresses. Changed Order to Org, Dept, Contact, Title, Joint, Other, County, Country
- Contact Detail Category section header changed / Changed Contact Detail Category section header from ‘Flags’ to ‘Categories’ on More tab.
- Fix white overlay on contact addresses /
- Fixed Cohabitant field / Fixed issues with the calculation and display of cohabitant name and issues with the deletion of a cohabitant.
- Added Sales Register Report / Export tab delimited text file for invoices and columns for items sold.
- Added Sales Report / Report on Sales by Quarter, Month, Product, Price, Contact
- Enlarged Bill To and Ship To Address fields / Now has room for six lines on Invoice Detail and more space on the Printed Invoice.
- Phone and Email added to Invoices / Added phone and email lists on the Invoice Detail and Printed Invoice/Order/Packing List layouts.
- Added ‘Copy to Clipboard’ Items / Text that can be put on the clipboard for quick insertion.
- Added ‘Common Documents’ / Commonly used documents that can be exported or emailed to contacts. Choose one or more documents and email to one or more contacts.
- Changed clipboard templates type / Added changing of clipboard templates to type ‘contact’ on migration to support the new Company Clipboard Items.
- Updated vCards Export / Now trims all fields. Extra returns were causing export issues with the vCards, not allowing it to be imported into Address Book.
2009/05/01 v1.3.1 Note: Some Features are FileMaker 10 only. The next version may require FileMaker 10.
- New – Calendar – Added new Agenda view with flexible date ranges. See what is upcoming for this week, this month or any range of time.
- New – Contacts – Created new field called Category to replace the previous Flag system. Allows the tagging of Contacts with multiple categories which are defined inside of Settings. Created a dynamic layout to accomodate users that need to store a large number of Categories.
- New – Contacts – Created new note adding routine that builds on the prior Quick-Timestamp button, now allowing the bulk creation of notes for a found set of contacts.
- New – Extension Management – Added FileMaker Server based autoupdate for plugins – restarts of the application no longer required. Self contained plugin update system manages plugins when an Internet connection is not available.
- New – iPhone/Web interface completely recreated using FileMaker Server 10’s new interface. Works in browsers too!
- New – To Do Events – Added To Do’s to the home page
- Improvement – Added new print specific layouts for the printing of Month, Week, Day, List, Scheduler, and the new Agenda view.
- Improvement – An Invoice/Order can now have an Invoice Number and Date assigned even if the Invoice is locked.
- Improvement – Calendar – Added display of To Do Events on Month, Week, Day and the new Agenda views.
- Improvement – Calendar Events – Home, Calendar Month, Week, Day, List and the new Agenda views now show in the color of the assigned Category.
- Improvement – Contact Addresses – Added Department and Title fields into the ‘include’ checkboxes for building addresses.
- Improvement – Contact Addresses – Web Services for Address Correction now uses CURL rather than WebViewers to retrieve the data. This results in faster data reception. Also now checking for the expected text to avoid correcting without valid data.
- Improvement – Contacts Addresses – Enabled the direct searching of a Contact Address’s fields; Street, City State, Zip, etc. [FileMaker 10 Only]
- Improvement – Extension Management – The FileMaker Extensions are now installed into the user folder rather than the application folder. On Mac this is ‘/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions/’ . On Windows XP: ‘C:\Document Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\FileMaker\Extensions’. On Windows Vista: ‘C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\FileMaker\Extensions’.
- Improvement – Invoices – Sales Tax Report now includes Invoices with an Invoice Date and a with a Status ticked in the Invoice Settings.
- Improvement – Printing – Made several under-the-hood changes to improve printing.
- Improvement – Settings – Reorganized the settings module for an improved user experience and implemented a new settings navigation system to deal with the increasing number of settings panels.
- Improvement – To Do Events – Added ‘Auto-Advance’ feature for To Do’s. A default preference can be set in settings for all new To Do’s to auto-advance or not. Individual To Do’s can be set to auto-advance or not.
- Improvement – Updated the Scodigo PHP Plugin to version 2.0. Version 2.0 is now required.
- Update – Accounts – Resolved error when attempting to make a Staff Account with the same name as an existing manually created FileMaker account.
- Update – Calendar Events – Improved the tab order on Calendar Events screen
- Update – Documents – Resolved issue where a template linked to a broken or non-existent layout would cause an unusable document to be created. Improved the error checking and reporting of template integrity and provided tools to help fix a broken templates and layouts.
- Update – Invoices – Updates to Invoice contextual menus to for printing and emailing.
- Update – Reassigned broken sample templates to working layouts
- Update – Settings – Fixed issue where some plugins using non-standard version numbers caused them to report an incorrect version.
- New – Added ‘New Window’ menu item with keyboard shortcut in the ‘FMSmallBusiness’ menu.
- New – Added ability to assign a Staff member to a Category.
- New – Added Event Alerts. An alert can now be created for on screen notification of an event.
- New – Added support for Entourage on Mac. Previously when creating an Email in Entourage the message would go into the Drafts box instead of opening for editing and sending.
- New – Added the ability to email a PDF version of an Invoice along with a PayPal link for Payment. Any payment gateway can be used, but we include information on building PayPal URLs. If you have a URL for othergateways, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Improvement – Changed Event Detail layout to better organize the data.
- Improvement – Simplifed Repeating Events. When you delete an Event either the selected event or all related events can be deleted.
- Improvement – The printable Invoice and Pack List layouts have been moved to the custom file. This now allows for modifications to these printable layouts.
- Update – Changed the Migration routine so that Full Access accounts do not cause an issue when importing Staff.
- Improvement – Added a Test Email button to verify Email settings for both the Company and Staff records.
- Update – Fixed a problem where if a Timer was created without a Staff record, loop could be entered, but not exited.
- Update – Resolved an issue where Migration could create more than one Settings record. Resolved issue with Staff IDs not being set properly.
- The custom file was not modifiable. Fixed.
- New – Added a Webmail tab on the ‘Contacts – Detail’ layout. This uses the URL provided in settings and by default, will perform a Gmail search for the current Contact’s name and email addresses.
- New – Send Email directly from FMSB! Can now send email that will be stored and related to Contacts. The Email module will show messages sent by the current staff person. The Email tab on the ‘Contact – Detail’ will show messages sent to the Contact. Everywhere FMSB sends email now uses this method. Emails can be sent via SMTP using Text, HTML, and RTF (convert styled text to CSS) with attachments. Emails can also
- FM 10 Improvement – Invoice can now be locked based on the Invoice Status by ticking the statuses that should result in a locked invoice in settings. Any activity line items moved to an invoice are also protected. Works fully in FileMaker 10, partially in FileMaker 9.
- Improvement – Added a customizable Invoice footer. The default can be selected in Settings. The footer on each Invoice can be set separately.
- Improvement – Added Contact Title and Contact Department on the Contact Detail Layout.
- Improvement – Added the related Event Date and button to go to the Event on Invoice Lines and Activity Lines.
- Improvement – Calendar now shows Events on each date between the start and end date. This now matches iCal subscriptions.
- Improvement – Changed the Navigation Bar from a WebViewer to a Text field. This was done to fix issues with the FileMaker Extension that we were using.
- Improvement – Consolidated Unbilled Activities, Events, and Timers into a single tab. This make additional space available for notes.
- Improvement – Groups are now simplified. On ‘Contact – Detail’ an now view the Groups, Employees, and Co-Workers on one tab. Groups can be managed by clicking the ‘Groups’ button below the Navigation bar. Can also add the current Contact or the found Contacts to groups using the same button.
- Improvement – HUGE update to invoices. Simplified statuses to New/Approved/In Process/Complete. Can assign invoice number and date at any time. Can optionally track inventory on a product. Now processes backorders and pulls from inventory.
- Improvement – Invoice Numbers were auto incrementing and nonenterable. Invoice Numbers can now be changed, but must be unique. If an invoice number is entered and the invoice is moved to Invoice Status, it is not changed.
- Improvement – Moved the Bill To address on invoices further down and to the left to better fit in a window envelope.
- Improvement – Using the Contact Clipboard feature now puts the text on the clipboard with no style with black text.
- Update – Adding Events to Activities and Invoices would make Drive Time items inappropriately. It now only adds drive time when drive time is not zero.
- Update – Adding Events to Invoices now adds all marked Events rather than just the first one.
- Update – Changed the Billed/Unbilled checkboxes on the Event Detail to a non enterable text field.
- Update – Deleting an Invoice in List view would cause an infinite loop.
- Update – Importing Contacts now properly sets the ‘Include Organization’ on the mailing label.
- Update – Invoice Pull Inventory did not accept units less than one such as .25.
- Fix – Added an alert when trying to print an invoice with no items.
- Fix – Adjusted Address BillTo and ShipTo to five visible lines from four.
- Fix – Moved the Invoices – StatusSub Value List to the Custom file so it can be modified.
- Fix – Moving Activity Items to Invoices would relookup the unit price. We now get the unit price and override the lookup.
- Fix – Selecting Cancel when creating a new Document Template did not work.
- Fix – Spawning an Activity from an Event now creates an item for the Billable Time and an item for the Drive Time if needed.
- Fix – The default Price Type on Activites is now ‘Retail’.
- Fix – Updated the Unbilled Timers on Activities and Invoices so the Product is set using the ‘Timers and Event Code’ in settings. Now uses the Timer Title as the Description. Changed the Labor Item Retail and Wholesale starting quantity from 1 to 0 so partial hours/quantities have a unit price.
- Update – Added Template field to Document Info screen and added confirmation requirement when changing the layout or template for a document from the Document Info screen.
- Update – Changed Event Billing Statuses to simply ‘Needs Detail’. Now only Events that needs detail will be show on the Home layout.
- Update – Changed the way CalendarEvents are added to Activities and Invoices. Now uses same method as Timers.
- Update – Moved labels and envelopes to the existing custom layouts management system in settings.
- Update – Removed PDF Revisions limit setting.
- New – Added a Product Feedback menu item under the FMSmallBusinessmenu. Choosing it will create an email template for reporting suggestions or bugs.
- New – Added Clipboard Templates on Contacts. Can now create a Template to copy formatted data from Contacts data to the clipboard forthe current record or found records.
- Update – Added Contact Address, Phone, Email, and Web fields to the Contact Merge Fields in the Custom File.
- Update – Changed Invoice, Pack List, and Order Info to print multiple lines of the Item Description.
- Fix – SuperContainer was looking for the server even if it had no IP address or domain name in settings.
- Fix – The Quick Finds list on Contacts contained blank and/or incorrect lines.
- Fix – The view and info buttons in the Document Queue list in settings were not working correctly.
- Fix – When importing vCards, the Contact phone type check boxes werenot being set. It now tries to set them based on the phone label. Made a similar fix when importing text files.
- Fix – Added scroll bars to Template editors in the Settings module.
- Fix – Contact Quick Find menu values were not properly seperating. Forcing a carriage return solved the problem.
- Fix – Custom File – Emailing some documents without attachments was not working.
- Fix – Custom File – Fixed ‘Document Info’ button to not close the parentwindow.
- Fix – Custom File – Fixed non-functioning buttons on 4 document layouts.
- Fix – Demo mode now shows an alert after the Module Menu is clicked after 7 clicks rather than 5.
- Fix – Document Info layout was not displaying the correct document type for some document types.
- Fix – Document queue print command was not printing the correct set ofrecords.
- Fix – Merge fields were not being created for Special Items like CurrentDate, CurrentTime, and Contact Custom Fields. Also the list of available merge fieldswere not sorted by the Display Name. Also removed the extra space in the Contact Custom Field Names.
- Fix – Phone Mask to allow for letters: (407) 282-5585 xCampSoftware
- Fix – Query function was producing an incorrect error when assigning a product to an Invoice or Activity.
- Fix – Searching on Line Items would display an alert before the window was displayed.
- Fix – Settings Company Cell Phone would not accept input.
- Released downloadable demo.
- Initial release. Demo available on request via webinar