CampSoftware provides Certified Cross Platform FileMaker consulting and solutions throughout Orlando, Central Florida, and the across the country. We've been using FileMaker to solve problems since 1991 when FileMaker 3 was available and are proud to be certified as a FileMaker 11 Certified Developer. We're also certified in FileMaker 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7.
We Can Help
We can help you with practically anything related to managing your data from simple updates to conversions or even from scratch. We can help save you valuable time and money by using a template too. Need internal or public access to your data on the web or the iPhone?
Off the Shelf or Custom?
Does your company uses an off the shelf program, such as ACT or NowUpToDate, that doesn't quite fit your needs? Do you use Excel as a database? Do you shuffle paper around the office to conduct business? Do you use an unwieldy database program like Access? If so, we can develop a solution that works for you based on your business work flow. Our solutions will save time, money, and increase efficiency. We can do this by:
- Reducing or eliminating duplicate data entry.
- Reducing or eliminating data entry errors.
- Building work flows that operate as your business does.
- Create views to your data to help with decision making.
- Using the web so your customers can help themselves with data input and answering questions, reducing your workload.
Functional & Good Looking
We develop functional databases that work great and look nice too. Several examples of our work can be seen below. We've helped many business with FileMaker, REALbasic, and 4th Dimension in the Orlando and Central Florida area, but we travel out of state quite often. We utilize "Remote Control" applications, with permission, to reduce or sometimes eliminate travel.
[nggallery id=1 template=caption]
Addressing Issues or Needed Changes with an Existing Database
Do you already have an existing FileMaker database? If so, you know that FileMaker can do practically everything that you can imagine. However, it may not be programmed to do exactly what your database should do. Over time, a business can change its work flow and if the database is not updated to respond to those changes frustration can occur. We can help solve those problems. Some examples:
- Change of work flow.
- Addition of new technology such as barcode readers, scanners, or printers.
- Applying levels of security to sensitive data.
- Speeding up slow processes.
- Adding new features.
- Making the interface easier to use.
- Automation of manual tasks.
- Development of modular, reusable code.
Conversion or Migrations From FileMaker or Other Databases
If you have an order version of FileMaker we can convert your database to the latest version. FileMaker 6 and earlier versions are considerably more difficult to develop. Simply upgrading to the later version of FileMaker will decrease development time in the future as the product has increased in flexibility and power. A few examples would be the WebViewer, Conditional Formatting, and Script Parameters. Generally, we can upgrade a FileMaker 6 to the latest version in one day or less. Additional reasons to convert would be because support for older versions can be difficult to find and that older versions were not truly relational. Developers like ourselves prefer to develop using current version as it makes it easier to support our clients.
We can also help you migrate from other databases such as ACT, Access, or even Excel spreadsheets. We've converted data from many different formats. Basically, if the data can be exported, we can find a way to get it into FileMaker all because FileMaker is extremely flexible at importing and massaging data.
Developing Using Pre-existing Template and Module
Our FMSmallBusiness database is the result of many modules developed and refined into one FileMaker solution. Rather than reinventing the wheel every time we start a new project, we use our FileMaker template when possible. This saves you time and decreases the expense of development. It also provides a consistent framework for future development. Our interfaces have been created to make it easy to understand. While our databases solve different problems, they all behave in a similar manner.
Building Custom Databases From Scratch
If our template does not fit into your business or project, a custom solution can be developed to follow your specific work flow. The process begins with our understanding of your business. We then work in a cyclical order of 'listen, develop, test, demo' as your solution becomes clear. Once your data modeled properly, everything will seem effortless. There will be less confusion, errors, and jumping around to solve a problem. Think of FileMaker as a container providing a window to your data. Finding, sorting, reporting can be customized to your needs in a consistent manner. When the database follows your work flow the learning curve will be shorter and less errors will occur giving you time to think about the business, not the database.
Website Integration of Your Data
FileMaker works well with the internet. It can directly communicate with web browsers and devices like the iPhone giving you the ability to work with your data any where in the world. Normally, you would limit access to your data with the same username and password that you use with your FileMaker database. However, you can make certain information available to guests. For example:
You can do practically anything on the web that you can do in your FileMaker database such as finding, viewing, editing, and reporting. Some examples would be:
- FMCode.com - This database has private and public data. When you visit the site you are accessing a FileMaker database. It performs a find for the latest Code and News and presents it on a web page without requiring a password. If someone wants to add Code to the website/database an account and password are required. The database allows users to request an account, verifies it via email, and then authenticates the account. The FileMaker database does all of this automatically.
- Have customers enter data for you via web forms.
- Creating a product showroom.
- Shopping carts and order tracking.
- Remote access to internal contact lists and calendar events.
- Customer account information panels.
Cache Load: 0 seconds. | Cache Age: 1372.78 minutes.